Monday, January 31, 2011

My Monday Challenge

Today, while making jewelry, I challenged myself to a little game, and the result was a pretty awesome longgggg necklace.   While going through my jewelry I decided to use some beads that I have had forever and have never found a use for.  I had a whole little bead box of them, in all different little shapes and bright colors.  The challenge lay in not only using beads I had never seemed to find a use for before, but I also made it interesting by cutting an extremely lengthy piece of clear plastic thread and telling myself I either had to bead until the string was full or until I ran out of beads, whichever came first.  I didn't think it would take as long as it did to complete this necklace, strictly because that little container held a whole heck of a lot more beads than I ever thought it could...and it actually ended up that I ran out of string before I ran out of beads!  I love the look of these beads because the soft opacity of the glass and the bright colors make them feel like they are made out of little tiny pieces of sea glass.  The colors and the "sea glass" appearance make these beads reminiscent of warmer weather, something definitely nice to think about as a giant ice and snow storm approaches....

bead box when I just started...

bead box when I ran out of string!

In progress necklace strand....

Finished!!!



1 comment: