Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Northeast Ohio Visit

A little over a week ago, I visited NE OH with the intention of visiting my alma mater, Kent State, and attending one of my friend's birthday parties.  Long story short, the girl who I went there to visit ended up sick with the flu for the weekend, so I never made it to the party.  But I did get to visit my friend Stacey from Goodwill Huntingg!  We had a lot of fun reminiscing and sipping drinks  at a cute local bar.

When I visited her, I brought her a necklace I made for her, which is today's post.  I didn't want to post it before I gave it to her, because I wanted it to be a surprise!  I used as inspiration all the tassel and equestrian jewelry that is so hot right now, along with gold toned metal, which is also a big trend.  The necklace was actually created from vintage necklaces my aunt recently gave me (I can't wait to use more of them in my jewelry!)  I added beads to the tassel to give it a more unique feel, rather than just make another plain tassel.  I love the way it turned out!  So simple, yet detailed at the same time, easy to throw on with a tee and jeans, as well as with something dressier!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! :)


3 comments:

  1. Yessss!! I LOVED this! Thank you so much. When I wear it on the blog I'm going to link you!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    Check out my latest post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this necklace is lovely! it turned out really well! and i really like that it is made of vintage pieces.

    *Claudia* xoxo
    Molto ❤ Fashion

    ReplyDelete