Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Well, it's 2011.  I didn't want this year to be here yet, because I feel like I barely got to live out 2010, but the reality is that it is here. The holiday season is over, and during that time I got a little case of depression.  Pressures from my job and social life, and the reality that I was not in a place in my life that I wanted to be by this point started causing me to cave in on myself.  
I gave up on my blog, and let's be honest I pretty much gave up on everything that  I usually loved and took the time to do because I was constantly wondering what the point of my life was.  Having no real career future at a cubicle farm company where  I toiled away each day barely making ends meet was getting to me.  I knew that job had nothing to do with my degree or my future as a person.  However, the current state of the economy in this country prevented me from getting a job in the field I studied for and really want to be working in, Interior Design.  
Having bills to pay, like any normal person, I needed an income, so I stooped below my level and took whatever I could get, which only proved to screw me over in the end.  I decided sometime in November to work toward going back to school, which is what  I am currently doing, trying to augment my current degree with another degree in Urban Planning, and possibly Real Estate and Marketing.  So I finally a couple of weeks ago was able to quit the place I hated most and thankfully, I never have to go back there again.  
I am finally at a place where I am trying to be optimistic about the future.  I am in school full time, though not working yet, but I am happy and excited to see what the future brings.  Now I am able to get back to what really matters to me, including this blog and all the other things in my life that I let fall by the wayside.  I have made a New Year's Resolution to myself  (and to you) to revamp and recreate my blog to better suit my current needs and give you as my readers something more fun to read, and hopefully more frequently updated!  Sorry about the long sidebar into my personal life, but I wanted to give you more of an idea of what I have been going through, and why it has been so long since  I last updated.  That being said, I have lots of back-posts to update! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment