Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crystal Chandelier

I created today's necklace with a chandelier in mind.  Going along with the white color theme I have started this week, I got inspired by the look of all things Shabby Chic.  I really love this look, and if I did not live with my boyfriend who completely thinks it looks too girly, I would have decorated at least a part of my house this way.  I love how lux and yet comfortable it feels.  So for today's pendant I used a vintage round bead covered in rhinestones as my main inspiration.  I love this bead and have been saving it ever since my aunt gave it to me to make something extra special....and finally, I have used it!  I paired it with faceted clear glass beads that I placed on the vintage chain and also as a sort of "tassle" from the rhinestone bead.  I also used other vintage faceted beads and iridescent glass beads on the tassle part as well.  Also, happy birthday to Jamie of The Wocka Spot!!








So Shabby Chic.....the necklace after completion...it fits right in with the chandelier crystals:






2 comments:

  1. i am decorating my apartment in that style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the Shabby Chic style! What a beautiful combination! Oh, and thanks for following me on Twitter ღ(ˆ◡ˆ)ღ

    ReplyDelete