Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wire Wrapped Wednesday, White!

Today's Wire Wrapped Wednesday is a pair of earrings, created out of white and gray feldspar.  Like I said in yesterday's post, I really created a lot of white jewelry this week, guess you could call it my first week of one color inspiration!  I like the speckled look of this stone, and I really enjoy the shape.  I have used it before as the focal pendant in This necklace.  I have a lot more of these beads too, so I'm sure you will end up seeing them again soon!  I used the wire on this necklace to appear as almost a wave  on the center of the feldspar bead...once again a beachy theme.  The wire wrapping on this one was a little challenging, because it kept slipping off of the curved edges!  I also really enjoy the blend of the silver wire with the gray flecks in the bead itself, and like the vintage, handmade look of these glass iridescent beads.





2 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty. I like the wire wrapping a lot. I like making jewelry but I've never tried earrings before.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete