Friday, March 4, 2011

Fashionably Friday, March 4, 2011

Going with the color inspiration that I have been channeling the rest of this week, I would like to dedicate today's post to the Spring/Summer 2011 runway trend of the color white.  White has always been a color associated with hot summer days and tropical beach vacations.  It is also a color that appears fresh and clean, and can be used as a background for which to showcase or contrast other colors, or can be worn as seen on the runways this spring as a white on white ensemble.  Like I have mentioned before, I cannot picture white on white outfits without the image of crystal white sand and a turquoise blue sea, and maybe a palm tree or two.  It is the quintessential outfit of summer to me, and I can't wait for the weather to warm so I can unpack my summery clothes out of their boxes in the basement and don a crisp, cool, white dress and go read a book by the pool.  Until then, though, since it seems like I will have to wait awhile for that, here are some very inspiring images:
 

 


Alexander Wang
Calvin Klein

Ralph Lauren

*  Images courtesy of Google Images

1 comment: