Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Flowery Dress

I spent my rainy Saturday at home, waiting for my friends to arrive in the evening for dinner and creating a dress, once again inspired by Goodwill Huntingg and New Dress A Day.  This dress was originally a dress I bought for around $2 or $3 at Goodwill.  I thought it looked old fashioned, but fell in love with the big flowers, and knew it had some potential.  

the dress before i changed it, minus the view of the mock neck (my boyfriend can't take pics)


I ended up turning the back into the front, because I liked the placement of the flowers better, and I thought the dress could benefit more from a V-neck than a mock turtle neck.  

the top half of the dress (blurry, like I said my bf is no photographer lol)


I obviously removed the shoulder pads as well!!  I then shortened the length of the dress, since before it was kind of an awkward length....not quite long enough to be a maxi but not short enough to be knee length.  I shortened the dress to my knee, and cut a strip of the scrap fabric from the bottom to create a sash that I could cinch in my waist with!  I love the result!  I wore it with herringbone-textured black tights and gray short flat booties to a brunch on Sunday with Drew's family.  It was definitely a hit, and a great conversation piece!  I hope you enjoy it! :)  Have a great rest of the week!

The dress, and Zoe is in the background :)

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously adorable. I want to start a vintage shop and sell this kind of refurbished clothing. You can be Style Director.

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    "Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration"
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    ReplyDelete