Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Purple & Smokey "Quartz"

I wear this necklace all the time.  I made it during a time period when I was desperately in love with this smokey quartz necklace at Talbots.  Of course, that necklace cost around $60, and I did  not want to spend the money on it, so, I ventured out to the craft store nearest me to see what kind of beads I could find to make my own.  I ended up finding the smokey quartz color that I wanted, but of course, to make it cheaper, my beads are glass, not actual quartz.  And this necklace is extra special to me, because the purple iridescent beads that I used on the necklace alongside the smokey beads were beads that I purchased from an artist's studio show with my dad years ago when I was still in HS. 


1 comment:

  1. I love that necklace. It's so delicate and the colours are gorgeous :)

    Jess Xxx

    ReplyDelete