Friday, October 15, 2010

Pink Floral Bib Necklace

Jewelry.com  says that, for Spring 2011, colors are inspired by exotic destinations, and as for their prediction for color.....Is pink the new black?  

When creating this necklace, I was inspired by bib necklaces that are seen everywhere in stores these days, but I wanted to incorporate a lot of ribbon flowers to make the necklace feel very fresh and feminine.  The extremely sad thing about this necklace is that it took me over 2 weeks to complete!  I started it, and it was such a pain to make I could never bring myself to work on it for more than like 20 minutes at a time, and I am so glad that it is finally done!  Although it did not quite turn out like I originally pictured it in my head, I still really like it!  The pink ribbons I used were sort of see through, and after the first few flowers were attached I kind of regretted using black felt for the background.  But that just meant i had to make more flowers to cover it up...Which is also the main reason that this necklace became a pain in the butt!  But I'm proud of myself for sticking it out and finishing it. haha.  Hope you enjoy!  









PS:  DONT FORGET to like Frugalicious Style on Facebook! :)

2 comments:

  1. lovely necklace reminded me of when I made something similar in collage (actually makes me want to do something similar again lol)
    nice blog btw
    check mine out if you wish
    http://fashbrickroad.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i like how huge and ruffled it is!

    ~selina

    ReplyDelete