Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Design on LESS Than a Dime....

Always wanting to remain "Up to Date" with fashion and interior trends, but not always having the money in my pocket to spend on these 'necessities', I have found out that I can easily remain ahead of the rest of the world with a little secret known as....DIY....that's right, Do It Yourself, or in my case, Design It Yourself.  By having a little inspiration and a dash of creativity you can easily transform the mundane into must have; or create your own version of something that caught your eye in the design world.  My first example of Frugalicious DIY that I would like to share is my "Talbots" necklace.  Taking inspiration from the original necklace, which I saw in the new September 2010 Talbots Catalogue, (and which costs wayyy more than I can afford...it costs $129) I decided to immediately run out to Michael's and grab what I needed to create my own version.  Not exactly alike, but you can definitely tell the simlilarity in look and feel of the piece.    And the cost of my "copycat" piece?  Less than $10.


here is the original (its a photo of a magazine cover so it's kind of grainy)



Here is my version!  Less than a tenth of the price..... :)

1 comment:

  1. This necklace is soooo awesome! I love it! Make more, make more!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    "Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration"
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    ReplyDelete