Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wow, time flies!

I can't believe it has been a week since I last updated!  I never meant for it to be that long between posts! I can make all kinds of excuses, like my new work out routine, work, etc, but they don't really matter because I guess I could have made time if I had wanted to...so anyway, for pretty much the same lame excuse reasons I have not really had time or energy to make many necklaces this past week, so tonight's post actually relates to clothing instead.  

I am completely obsesseddddd (even though that doesn't really describe how I feel) with www.newdressaday.com and http://www.goodwillhuntingg.com/ ..... I have been reading these blogs for months.  I love how Marisa turns thrifted muumuus into amazing dresses with a few changed seams and hems, and how Stacey buys something at a thrift store that I would automatically ignore and styles it up into something that I would die to own!  In homage to these awesome blogs, I want to share a blouse that I made with inspiration from these thrifty ladies!  

On a trip to Goodwill over a month or so ago I purchased an old, 80's looking pirate shirt, that was 2 sizes to big for me at the time.  But, following in the footsteps of Marisa and Stacey I knew that I could make it look amazing with a few easy changes.  So I took it home, took off the sleeves, and took in the sides to make it fit more snugly.  Then I took the original "wrist ruffle" off and reattached it, (and re-ruffled it) on the arm hole to create a cap sleeve.  The blouse turned out so cute, I actually wore it to my recent interview with a high waisted black skirt and one of the necklaces I designed from an earlier post shown here I think it was definitely a hit!  Good night!






2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite things that you've done! I die.

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    "Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration"
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SUCH a cute shirt!!! I want to see a pic of the whole ensemble. :)

    ReplyDelete