Friday, February 11, 2011

Fashionably Friday, February 11th, 2011

Today I could tell that the weather was starting to make a change.  It was not exactly warm by any means, but the sun was so bright and pretty today, you could almost feel the warm spring air starting to filter in.  They say it will get to 60 sometime in the coming week, not sure if I believe that at this point but I certainly would love it!  I am ready to put away the boots, hats, and gloves of winter and ready to don the lightweight trenches, crops, and bright colors of spring!  For Southwest Ohio, this winter has been pretty harsh.  I mean, I did live in Kent for 4 winters, and compared to the NE Ohio standard, Cincinnati winters are relatively mild.  Usually it stays around 30-40 degrees during the day in the winter, and rarely if ever snows.  This year it seems like it has been one day of 15 degree temps after the next with snow storm followed by heavier snow storm.  Especially compared to last year, this winter seems like it has gone on forever, and I know it is not over yet....

However, with fashion, we are always permitted to get excited about the coming season before it is actually upon us, knowing in advance what the predicted runway trends will be and having a chance to play with different pieces and colors and mix them with our current wardrobes.  To me, this makes the coming seasons all the more exciting, and makes it harder for me to wait for their arrival, since some clothes for certain seasons are kind of impractical for the season at hand.  I mean, lets face it, a pair of strappy gladiator sandals would be inappropriate for winter's cold chill the same way a warm wool sweater would not feel good in mid-August's 80 degrees.  I tend to pick things up when I find them, whether that be during a thrifting trip or on clearance at my local department stores, and they may not be things I can wear at that moment but rather have to save until just the right weather arises.  This is the case with a lot of my spring wardrobe.  I can't wait until the temperatures rise so that I can debut some of my exciting finds to the world! 

Happy Friday everyone, and here's hoping the Groundhog day prediction over a week ago was right, that spring is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment