Friday, February 18, 2011

Fashionably Friday, February 18, 2011

For today's Fashionably Friday, I wanted to focus on this spring and an element of fashion that has been around for awhile but is making an appearance again this season and that is the trend of lingerie as streetwear.  No, I don't mean people wearing their underwear out on the streets but rather the influence of lacy, romantic, and soft details to clothing.  We know that lace also a huge trend for Spring 2011, and can be found in stores everywhere.  My personal favorite lace item that I am coveting right now is the lace tiered skirt, shown here.  I need that skirt!  It is so delicate and romantic, I can't even stand it.  The vintage, lingerie, romantic look is everywhere in stores like goodwill also. Every time I visit the thrift stores around me I find myself with armloads of vintage, delicately detailed pieces.  Of course, I do not have an unlimited budget, so usually not everything I find comes home with me, but that is definitely one trend that has a hold on me right now.  I especially love this image of lingerie inspired lace that I found on this blog :  I think it really shows the intricate, delicate, romantic look I am in love with right now.  There is a special reason I posted this particular Fashionably Friday, but, you will have to wait until the next Thrifting Tuesday to find out!  :)  Suspense!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment