Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thrifting Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For today's post I have been planning to put up an embellished T-shirt for awhile.  The shirt was old, plain, and boring, but the color was great!  I could not get rid of the shirt because I loved the color, but I find myself never wearing it any more.  So the plan was to embellish it with beads to spruce it up a bit, but I learned along the way that that is not as easy as it seems!!!  I was unaware of the time it would take me to complete it and kept putting it off, and then today, when I started to work on it, it took me hours to complete the amount I did (well, I guess I was watching TV too, haha).  I still felt like posting my "progress" on the top even though I am not done, just so I didn't have no post at all for today, because there is no way I will finish it in time to post the completed shirt today as of right now.  Today's post is kind of lame, but I would rather post something than nothing.  So anyway, here is what I have done, you can kind of get an idea of where I was going with it from the inspiration: 

I was inspired by this dress in Instyle magazine:




so here is my "progress":


 here is the shirt before:




anddd....here is all I have gotten done....it's hard work sewing all those little seed beads on!  I will have to post an update when (or if) I ever finish it! haha! 



No comments:

Post a Comment