Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thrifting Tuesday, February 8, 2011

For today's post, I have created a piece that can most definitely be worn when going "out on the town,"  whether that be dinner with friends or a night out partying.  This top is sparkly, sparkly, and oh, did I mention sparkly?  I used the rest of the top that first debuted in this Headband DIY Post from early January.  To make this sheer, glittery going out top, I removed the rest of the sleeve I used to make the head band along with the other sleeve, and removed all the black fabric that was lining the top.  Without the black fabric lining, I was left with just a sheer, sparkling party piece, ready to be worn with skinny jeans and heels and a black tank underneath.  Of course, this top speaks volumes in itself, so no jewelry is really necessary with this outfit, and to minimize the 80's vibe, wear it with modern, sleek pants and shoes so as not to appear too dated. 

Original top:
 Goodbye Sleeves!

And, the finished look!  Ready for a date night or girl's night out!  I also wore a skinny belt around it as well.



4 comments:

  1. wow, so gorgeous!

    <3 http://eccentricdaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you removed the lining to make it sheer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really enjoy your post so amazing i like it very much superb your pic is very nice and your back ground is very very perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with it! Gorgeous.

    www.lastsarahann.com

    ReplyDelete