Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wire Wrapped Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ahh, Wednesday yet again.....One step closer to Friday!

For today's wire-wrapped post, I have created a wire wrapped piece from a stone bead that I got in a random miscellaneous bead bag from Fire Mountain Gems.  I have no idea what type of stone it is, but I really thought the dark gray tones meshed well with the tortoise shell patterning on these vintage beads.  These tortoise shell beads are from yet another necklace that my aunt gave me in my bag of vintage goodies.  I have yet to run out of interesting pieces to use in jewelry I make, and it seems like I use pieces from her almost everyday!  I still have much more to come, too!  I am saving some very special beads and pieces for later!  I really liked the way the copper wire looked bright against the dark gray of the stone, and the copper created more of a connection between the stone and the tortoise-patterned beads, bringing the whole necklace together.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE tortoise shell!! I really like the look of the copper on it too, you make gorgeous pieces, keep sharing them!
    Brande
    http://victoryvintageb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete