Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time for a little Spring Cleaning?

I have so much jewelry, and by making a new piece every day I am literally running out of places to store it.  I have jewelry boxes, I have those hanging closet jewelry pouch things, but it is for sure not enough.  I am at a point where my jewelry is getting lost or even worse, broken, because I just randomly take off whatever necklace or jewelry I wore that day and stash it wherever it fits...my car cup holders, in random handbags, even in yankee candle jars!  It has gotten pretty out of control, and my house has little to no storage as it is.  So the other day I got a random idea....why not store all my jewelry in my vanity/desk in my room?  I do not really use my vanity to get ready every day, it is more of just for 'looks' rather than actual use.  (It is my desk from elementary school, repainted silver instead of bubble gum pink)



And up until this point it was stuffed with random, mostly useless junk that I couldn't find another place for.  So I emptied it out and filled it with my 'jewels'!  The only problem now is what to do with the stuff that I took out of the desk, and I also need lots of drawer organizer things to keep the jewelry from getting tangled or something.  But that will come in time.  For now I am just happy to have one cohesive place to store it all.  And, after photographing these pictures of the filled drawers I started a hunt around my house for even more jewelry that was stashed around, and found even more pieces that are not shown in the pics!  And this is only necklaces and some bracelets.....my earrings are another story....hehe.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment