Friday, January 7, 2011

Glitz and Glam

This is another post I have been excited to create for a long time.  I found an amazing 80's sequin-covered top (complete with shoulder pads) :)  while on a Goodwill trip with my friend Jamie Foxx.  We were on the hunt for Ugly Christmas Sweaters for our office Ugly Christmas Sweater party, but surprisingly, even though it was December 4th, all of the Christmas sweaters were picked over, and we didn't really find anything we wanted for that.  However, I did happen to find this sparkly top buried among the racks of leftover Holiday attire. :)  I was so excited to take it home and see what I could create from it.  I can never pass up something sparkly, and this one especially caught my eye because of the color combination.  Classic black with pops of glittery gold.

  


I knew for a long time that I wanted to use parts of the top to make an accessory, I just struggled for awhile with which type of accessory I would create.  I felt that a headband was something I needed to add to my wardrobe, since I don't have really very many, and I felt I would be able to show more of the sequin floral designs from the top that way.  I have plenty of the original shirt left, I am sure you will end up seeing more from that in the near future. ;)  As for this headband, I am pretty sure I am wearing it to school tomorrow :)













5 comments:

  1. WOW!! That looks SOOO good! You need to start a shop.

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    Take the Goodwill Huntingg Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! your really clever I wish I could think of doing stuff like that :)


    fashionbrickroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE headband!!! What a statement it makes!

    ReplyDelete