Friday, January 21, 2011

Cincinnati Art Museum

On Tuesday, during the misty rain, my sister and I visited the Cincinnati Art Museum.  It was a perfect day for staying indoors and looking at art.  I needed to go, because in my Art History class I am supposed to be writing an 8 page paper on artifacts that I was supposed to find and document while I was there.  It was like an art scavenger hunt that took me all through the Asian and Islamic art wings!  I almost ran out of time to see what I really wanted to see while I was at the museum, which was the exhibit Wedded Perfection, a display of over 200 years worth of wedding dress styles.  It was so amazing!  I loved the Zac Posen dress that was made up of red poppies!  I google image searched it because I had to show you all what it looked like....(See images below).  They told us no photography was allowed in the exhibit (my sister tried to take a picture and got caught.....that's how we found that out lol).  My art history professor told us that photography was allowed, though only without flash, on the pieces that we were supposed to look at for class so we just assumed you could take pictures of the wedding dresses too...apparently not.  But if you want to catch a glimpse of some of the dresses in the show, check out this blog, the blogger did an interview with CAM about the show, and has some pictures of it on there.  If you live in Cincinnati you need to check out the show!!  It's only in the museum through the end of this month, so get there as soon as possible!  It is free to get into the museum but parking is $4.  I am so glad I was able to go and check it out!




jewelry from 1790


the only photo  I could find of the Zac Posen gown!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome. I would love to see those wedding dresses! LUCKY!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
    Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland

    ReplyDelete