Friday, January 21, 2011

Fashionably Friday January 21, 2011


Today’s Fashionably Friday is all about Spring 2011’s colors.  The Spring 2011 runways were full of bright colors…and by bright, I mean intensely eye-popping colors.  I am very excited about this!  Last fall, on a random Goodwill trip I happened to find this vintage Christian Dior suit…complete with shoulder pads, an asymmetrical button placket and hem, and guess what?  It is hot magenta pink and kind of like a pinkish-orange stripe.  It sounds crazy but the colors are very cute!  I have been waiting for a chance to wear the skirt, which is just a basic pencil skirt shape.  Now with the bright color focus for spring I can’t wait to bring out the skirt and wear it either with an equally bright top or to tone it down with black.  I have seen sooooo many images in my magazines and online of bright on bright outfits, and as cute as that skirt would look with black, I think it calls to be worn with something of similar brightness and intensity.  I think that would just make the outfit perfect!  I have a few tops in mind to wear it with, and I will have to get them all out and experiment to see which ones I like with it best.  And I will definitely be posting the winner here!  Until then, here are some images of the bright-on-bright combinations that caught my eye. 


(And I know I used the Dior necklace last week….but I can’t help it I love it!...It’s also the same colors of the suit I have)








Photos courtesy of Google Images

1 comment:

  1. Like the colores <3

    What do you think about following each other ?
    www.fashiongirl-fashionstarlet.blogspot.com

    Follow me and be sure I'll follow as soon as possible back ;)
    I would be happy
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete