Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jewelry Sketches

Along with my other reoccurring features, I have been wanting to get back into sketching.  Drawing used to be my passion, and I used to do a drawing or sketch almost everyday.  I have not done that in years, and looking back it kind of makes me sad.  I miss it!  The urge to draw has been crazy lately, and I have been doodling on my notes during class and bits of scratch paper, so I decided maybe I should force myself back into the habit of drawing.  I know drawing is not at all like riding a bike, if you don't use the skill, you can lose it, and revert back to a worse stage in your drawing 'history'.  So, I'm not saying my sketches are going to be anything good, I just want to start doing them.  I finally have a subject that  I will not get easily bored of drawing: Ideas for clothing and jewelry that I would like to create for myself!  So every Saturday I am going to post sketches of drawings and doodles that I have made throughout the week, so you can see some of my current inspirations.  Whether those ever actually translate into existing jewelry or clothes, who knows!?  But at least I will feel like on some level I am reconnecting with a part of myself that I feel like I am losing, and hopefully improve over time!




No comments:

Post a Comment