Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wire Wrapped Wednesday

I decided lately that I have fallen in love with the look of wire wrapped pieces of jewelry.  I have not really made much wire-wrapped jewelry in the past, and I would absolutely love to get more experience in making it!  Some wire-wrapped jewelry can be so inspiring and beautiful, and have a look that is extremely unique.  So I decided the other day to create this ongoing feature (for as long as I decide to keep it up) called Wire Wrapped Wednesday where I will either showcase wire wrapped jewelry that inspires me, or wire wrapped pieces that I have created myself.  This week, I am showcasing a piece that I have attempted to create myself, that is to say, it's not perfect, but hey, like I said I don't really have experience with this, and want to get more, and what better way than to just start practicing??  Hopefully with the continued occurrence of this weekly feature, I can improve my wire-wrapping skills!  I would also in the near future like to get a jig to play with wire on.  In some of the random jewelry making items my aunt gave me, I obtained some bits and pieces that go with a jig, but I did not get the actual jig board, which is of course the most important part.  I will probably buy myself one once I get a job.....haha.  (I really need some income before I start buying random things).  Hopefully that will come soon.  But here is my piece, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!





3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I really like it.

    Have you seen Prettywiredupjewelry.com?

    I got a piece from them over the summer. Pretty neat stuff.

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    My Vintage Handbag Line – now available on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny. That's supposed to be practice?! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls! and stacey i will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete