Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Thanksgiving Dinner Party Dress

Here is one of my favorite back posts!  I have been so excited to do this one for so long, but because of all the stuff I was going through, I could never find the motivation to actually update!!!  I hosted a dinner party at my (tiny) house right before Thanksgiving for myself and 11 other people.  The party took weeks of planning, and an unlimited amount of DIY power, since I pretty much hand made all the decor, from the centerpieces right down to some of the napkin rings and the place cards (I will admit, I bought some napkin rings at Pier 1).  I got some great dishes at the Salvation Army, and a beautiful array of napkins from Goodwill.  Combining those with my amazingly cheap Better Homes and Gardens charger plates and all of the delicious food made for an amazing night!  My friends had a great time, as did I, and the turkey that Drew and I made, which was my first attempt at a turkey ever in my life, turned out rediculously delicious!  It was great. 

But I think the part that made my night the most fun was the dress that I created specifically for that party, from a Goodwill find.  I loved the way it ended up, and the bows that I made for the shoulders added just the right amount of festiveness!

Here is the original, a print that is to die for, but a neckline that was kind of blah:  (I had terrrrrrible hair at the time of photo-shooting, so I cropped off my head).....lets just say it was late night.



 Here is the Dinner Party, and the result of the Dress Transformation:

 Making luminaries for the driveway
 Apple pie I baked for the occasion!

 The beginnings of the table






 The dress! Hanging over a wreath on my pantry door so hard to see
The finished table! :)



 Dessert buffet, minus Kristin's amazing pumpkin Cheesecake!
 Friends :)
 The boys
 Little Zoey :)




 The girls, and me in my lovely Dress!  (Well, minus Farah, she had already gone upstairs and passed out in a food coma....lol)


1 comment:

  1. GREAT transformation! Looks like a great party!

    PS I'm definitely gonna need you to participate in the Goodwill Huntingg challenge..Thanks. ;-)

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    Take the Goodwill Huntingg Challenge!

    ReplyDelete