Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vintage and Blue Magnesite Necklace

This necklace for today was created with a big, white vintage medallion pendant that my Aunt Penny gave me, along with other pieces of broken bits of vintage jewelry that she had gotten from Estate Sales....I know she has a ton more, I want to go raid her stashes again!  It is so exciting to see the amazing things she really probably was going to throw away anyway, since most of the things I take from her other people would consider junk since they are just broken pieces or parts, but that's all I need to create my own design!  The chain is also a vintage piece pulled from her pile of 'junk jewelry'...hey, all the better for me, right?  The bead that I attached to the bottom of the medallion piece is blue-green magnesite, which looks similar to turquoise.  I also bought a string of these beads at the $1 sale from Fire Mountain Gems.  This piece, along with the earrings from yesterday, really gives me the feeling that spring is near...and I guess you could say I am getting a little case of Cabin Fever with all this snow and cloudy weather lately!  I need some sunshine, and temperatures in the upper 70's-lower 80's..... :)




2 comments: