Thursday, January 13, 2011

An Unexpected Gift

On Sunday, while spending time with my friend Farah, she presented me with a gift that I was not expecting, and I love it!  She gave me a book on creating jewelry with all types of buttons.  It is very adorable, and the jewelry shown in the book is so unique and creative, and the photography is amazing!  The buttons used in the book range in type from Victorian, to ceramic, and metal, as well as sea shell or mother of pearl.  I wanted to show some pages from the book that I found particularly interesting and inspiring!  I can't wait to make some jewelry using buttons now!  The funny thing is that I never would have thought to use buttons in this way, but now I desperately want to!  My grandmother has vast collections of vintage, beautiful buttons.  She used to let me dump out her gigantic popcorn tin of them on the floor and sift through them as a child.  I was always amazed by the variety of colors and shapes and styles of buttons that were contained in that tin.  Reading this book took me back to those moments, and made me feel nostalgic.  I can't wait until the next time I can visit my grandmother now to see if I can have some of them to make into beautiful jewelry like the pieces shown in this book.





1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! Excited to see what you will come up with!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    My Vintage Handbag Line – now available on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete