Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thrifting Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This week I want to show you an outfit that I actually re-designed months ago.  I wore this top when I went up to visit Stacey Kay at Kent in November.  I just never really took pictures of it un  til now, and so here it is!  The original dress was a crazy 80's piece from Goodwill, with a 100% sheer skirt and sleeves and a dropped but funky waist.  I didn't like the sleeves or the wierd really short sheer skirt or the dropped waist look, but I loved the fabric, black with silver threads woven in.  I also loved the neckline and how there were little rows of buttons across each shoulder.  Shoulder detailing is a major trend right now.  To make the sleeves more modern, I cut them back to cap sleeves and left the edges raw for an edgy look.  I did the same with the bottom of the top, cutting off the weird dropped waist elastic part for good.  The result was a cute top that can be worn with jeans, heels, and a long pendant for a night out, or with flats or boots for a day of shopping or hanging out with friends.  The top has just enough sparkle to be ready to party, but not so much that you cannot wear it for a day look.










1 comment:

  1. Awww look at little zoe. I love thrifting tues!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
    Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland

    ReplyDelete